Department of Environmental Protection
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
Duties and Responsibilities of Environmental Protection Department are as follow:
- It proposes, drafts and provides the basis for the creation of environmental protection policies;
- It drafts strategic documents and legislation for environmental protection field;
- Proposes measures and project for rehabilitation of “warm” areas;
- It defines and propose the reasonability for investment and financing of environmental protection field;
- It preforms administrative and professional activities for membership on Convents, Treaties, International Agreements and Organizations about environmental protection;
- It offers professional support on issues that have to do with exploitation of natural resources;
- Reviews and prepares draft decision of party requirements, for different environmental issues;
- Prepares different reports for environmental issues;
- Department includes Divisions as follow;
• Division for Education and Environmental Awareness;
• Division of Protection from Industrial Pollution;
• Waste and Chemical Division;
• Nature Protection Division
Division for Education and Environmental Awareness
• Duties and Responsibilities of the Division for Education and Environmental Awareness are as follow:
- It proposes, drafts and provides the implementation of strategic documents in the field of education and environmental awareness, in cooperation with other institutions;
- It plans, organizes and supports plans and programs organizations about Education and Environmental Awareness;
- It cooperates with divisions of Environmental Protection Department, departments of MESP, other relevant institutions, environmental NGOs, civil society, and cooperates with donators.
- Organization and marking of environmental holidays, such as preparing and designing of educational and informational materials; different leaflets, different booklets, posters and as well as the planning and the preparing of television sports, advertisements etc.
- Holding professional lectures in primary schools and promoting the environmental legislation.
- Cooperates with other governmental stakeholders and local power to develop activities, aiming the environmental promotion.
- Compilation of MTEF- compilation of capital projects and analysis of cost-benefit
- It analyses and compiles regular periodic reports on environmental protection field;
Division of Protection from Industrial Pollution
• Duties and responsibilities of the Division of Protection from Industrial Pollution are as follow:
- It preforms administrative and professional activities on the field for environment impact assessment (EIA), protection of air quality, protection from industrial pollution, climatic changes, protection of ozone layer, protection from noise, planning in cases of environmental accidents and other environmental issues which commitment is required.
- Drafts law acts and strategic documents for mentioned above fields. It process professional basis and prepares project proposal.
- It conveys environmental status and coordinates activities about the implementation of strategies and other environmental protection programs.
- It conveys the implementation of measures in realization of plans, projects and obligation that comes from international agreements.
- It conveys administrative and professional activities regarding to procedure implementations of EIA, ESA and Environmental Authorization. It prepares proposal decisions for environmental approval, authorization for activities and projects of juridical and physical entities, domestic and foreign.
- It prepares methodologies and instructions regarding to management of air quality.
- It prepares professional basis and drafts law acts on air protection from pollution, climate and ozone layer.
- It works on promotion of air protection, climate and ozone layer. It offers professional opinions regarding to export and import of substances that harm ozone layer.
- It conveys duties for implementation of procedures for Prevention and Integrated Control of Pollution. It reviews applications, prepares professional opinion and proposal decision about Environmental Integrated Permission (EIP) and Environmental Permission.
- It prepares responses and written reports on requests that have to do with air quality protection, protection from industrial pollution and protection from noise and climatic changes.
- Drafts regular and periodical reports on developed activities;
- It cooperates with the whole staff of MESP department, other Ministries, local level, international relevant institution and other institutions in the realization of interests about a clean environment and stable development.
Waste and Chemical Division
Duties and responsibilities of Waste and Chemical Division are as follow:
- Proposes, drafts and provides the implementation of policy/strategy documents in the field of waste management, chemicals and biocide products;
- Proposes, drafts and provides the implementation of legislation in the field of waste management, chemicals and biocide products, in accordance with the in force legislation and EU legislation;
- Prepares methodologies and instructions regarding waste administration, chemicals and biocide products, in accordance with the in forced law;
- Proposes, drafts and provides the implementation of procedures and standards for licensing waste management, for permits, notary certifying , authorization and registration of chemicals and biocide products;
- It treats requirements for licensing the waste management and prepares project-decision/ waste management;
- It treats requirements for notary certifying, authorization and registration of chemicals and biocide products and prepares project decision about the relevant permission;
- It offers support, according to the request, in the environmental supervision and waste management, chemicals, biocide products and as well as in the field of security from their harm;
- Proposes and accompanies the implementation of projects, analyses and drafts regularly and periodically reports on development activities;
- Implements agreements and cooperates with relevant foreign and local stakeholders in developing activities in the field of waste, chemicals and biocide products.
Nature Protection Division
Duties and responsibilities of Nature Protection Division are as follow:
- It conveys administrative and professional works that have to do with nature protection based on law for nature protection and sub-legal laws.
- It leads the process of preparing the professional basis about drafting the nature protection legislation, Strategy and Activity Plan for Biodiversity, plans, programs and projects as well it takes care about their implementation.
- It conveys administrative and professional works regarding to Permits issuance, Certifications and Confirmation in the juridical and physical people requests, based on the law for nature protection.
- It cooperates with other divisions on the Environment Protection Department on protecting nature promotion, planning and adequate reports.
- It is responsible for the obligations, implementation of international cooperation and European integration affairs, on issues relating to the protection of nature.
- Prepare a written response and reports on requirements relating to the protection of nature
- Coordinate and lead activity for declaring protected natural areas based on the study drafted by professional institutions.
- Relevant institutions whose activities are related to nature protection in central and local level.
- STRATEGY OF THE REPUBLIC OF KOSOVO ON WASTE MANAGEMENT 2013-2022 Download
- PLAN OF THE REPUBLIC OF KOSOVO ON WASTE MANAGEMENT (PRKWM) 2013 – 2017 Download
- Strategy and Action Plan for Biodiversity 2011 – 2020 Download
- The Obiliq Public Information Center Download
- Terms of Reference Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) Download